Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Last First Day...

I do not blog as much as I used to.  It seems I just do not need my old, reliable friend, the blog as much as I used to.  This is a remarkable, incredible thing, as I have regularly blogged for about 8 years.  I am moving beyond it, but I do plan to blog on things that really affect me as appropriate.  

Today was the first day of school for the 2014-2015 school year.  That meant a much-earlier start to the day, and since it was rainy, it was actually dark.  We all got where we needed to on time, with homemade breakfast of crepes and fruit, and with absolutely no yelling or crying.  Major Win.










The one thing I keep thinking about, though, is the fact that this is Valerie's last first day of regular school.  It just chokes me up.  I can not believe I am the mom of a High School Senior, sometimes, but I am.

She is taking English, Government, Dental Assisting and Nursing.  She will be headed to the MTC every day.  At the end of the year, she will be a certified Dental Assistant, and on her way to having an RN.  That is just mind-boggling to me.  Today, I have been busy with thinking a lot about her kindergarten year.  She has been in school (pre-school) since she was 2, but kindergarten was definitely an emotional day for me too.

Here are some things that happened when Valerie was five.


FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!
Matching Lunchbox made me happy :-)


Valerie's bedroom was periwinkle blue with lots of butterflies, and tons of stuffed animals.


Valerie was Belle for Halloween.  Here she is in Ray's office.

She slept with a sleeping mask- always the diva.



She loved her mommy.




She had an ADORABLE "Easter" outfit




She was almost 4 years into gymnastics


Trick-or-Treating on the lawn- that is Lance and Laura (from my lab) with Rosie in the background.
Valerie's kindergarten BFF was Lauren.  We lived over an hour apart, but her mom and I and Valerie and Lauren did things together all the time. 

On the way to Valerie's Kindergarten musical .  she was patriotic and had two singing solos. 
Valerie was in Sunday Swim lessons starting in kindergarten, and not ending for five years.  That is where I spent every Sunday afternoon.
I so loved dressing her.  At the beginning of kindergarten is when I got a job as the night manager at Gymboree.




Perhaps Valerie's VERY FIRST SELFIE! She has always loved them :-)



Her other best friend.  I bought them matching dresses :-)
The last day of kindergarten.  She was so little. 



I am just overwhelmed that she is already a senior.  I hope this is a great year for her and for Asher.   I hope they learn lots, feel built-up and love their school experiences this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment